Friday, January 2, 2009

Are You A Healthy Planner

I recently had a outdoor wedding ceremony of 300 guests and a wedding party of 26. It was mid summer and the temp that day was soaring around 100 degrees. With only 3 assistance and no clouds in sight let just say that I should not of worn black.

Now, the event ran smoothly, everyone did their part well and even the youngest of the wedding party behaved...but I was a wreck. I was so focused on the bride, the wedding party, decor, vendors, my assistance, the guests getting their water bottles while waiting for the ceremony to begin that I didn't focus on my well being. At the end of the night after the last guest left I fainted while packing some of my rentals.

That's why I ask are you a healthy planner...we are so focused on every little detail but ourselves. I didn't eat during the wedding nor had I drank enough water. So now I include myself and my staff in when I provide the wedding party snack trays during their prep time. To make sure my brides eat I split a snack with them. That way I too get the nutrition I need to perform at top speed.

So all I'm saying is be sure to include yourself when you are asking the bride "Did you eat anything yet?" You don't want to take the focus off the bride and groom because you're laid out on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment